My Sunday Supper team has partnered with Schlossadler International Wines and we are all cooking dishes and pairing it one of their fabulous wines ! Fruity, dry wines from The Wine Club by Schlossadler Wines. Some of us like myself are cooking with wine too. I love cooking with wine. It adds aroma, richness to the dish and helps intensify the flavor of food. As with any seasoning used in cooking, care should be taken in the amount of wine used. Using too little is inconsequential and too much will be overpowering. Neither extreme is desirable. A small quantity of wine will enhance the flavor of the dish. I made this rich savoury, fruity sauce with red wine, plums and cherries. I spiced it up with a hint of paprika and dry red chilli flakes…. tasted sweetly exotic! Scoop it over some mildly spiced ginger chicken, serve over a bed of brown rice and green beans and you have a complete meal. The sauce is a perfect foil for the mildly spiced ginger chicken. Pair this with a dry fruity red wine like 2010 Ernst Holler, Blaufrankisch, Burgenland and the meal is complete.
Fruit simmering in wine and spice !!!
The fruity wine sauce ! All ready !
Scoop it over the chicken for a spicy flavored chicken with flavor
We welcome you to grab a glass of wine and join us for this week’s special Sunday Supper Wine Event. We will be sharing these fabulous recipes along with the perfect wine pairing at 7:00 pm ET.
- 2006 H.O. Becker, Kerner Auslese, Rheinhessen
- 2010 Ernst Holler, Blaufrankisch, Burgenland
- 2010 Kotuku Winery, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
- A Midsummer’s Picnic w/ Wine by GirliChef
- Shrimp Scampi with Homemade Garlic Toast by Big Bears Wife
- Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw by ENOFYLZ
- Wine & Dine with Schlossadler International Wine Club by Wine Everyday
- Elegant Pot Roast by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chicken with Feta and Sundried Tomatoes + Apple Crisp by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shepherd’s Pie with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy by Juanita’s Cocina
- Pork Piccatta by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Skagen Salad in Avocado Halves by Tora’s Real Food
- Shrimp Salad With Lemon Tarragon Dressing by Magnolia Days
- Red, White and Cordon Bleu by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppercorn Steak by Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Chicken Florentine by There and Back
- Penne Rigate with a White Ragu Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Moules a la Provencale by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Delicious BBQ Ribs by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chicken and Mushroom Chicken Piccata by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Ginger Roast Chicken with Red Wine Plum Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Roasted Sausages and Grapes by Comfy Cuisine
- Beef Stroganoff by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet by The Messy Baker Blog
- Italian Style Baby Back Ribs by Cooking Underwriter
- Muscat and Raspberry Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Pretty in Pink Champagne Macarons by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Late Harvest Citrus Cake by Vintage Kitchen Note