I was super excited when my #SundaySupper team decided to do a “ Back To School Meals” theme this week. Being a busy working mom I need ideas and all the help I can get to put together quick and easy healthy meals on the table. I can’t wait to visit all the participating blogs and get some great tips and recipes. Added bonus : all these meals can be put together in 30 minutes or less. My kind of meal :)! Who wants to spend time slaving over a meal on a school night ? 🙂 I do some of my cooking for the week over the weekend so when I need to put together a quick meal, I like one pot meals where I can combine the meat and the veggies. A good stir fry loaded with veggies is quick and easy and gives my family a healthy dinner. Serve the stir fry over rice noodles or rice and serve some fresh fruit and milk and we have a complete meal in 30 minutes or less. Cook the rice in a cooker while the stir fry is simmering. This Thai style stir fry swimming in coconut milk is super simple to make and transports you to a Thai restaurant ! Seriously 🙂 ! I love cooking with coconut milk and coconut oil and this dish has both. Fresh ginger, garlic, basil, mint, cilantro and Thai red curry paste make up the spice mix for this curry. I found using hot chili sauce instead of authentic Thai chili paste works just as fine. Tone down the curry paste if your kids are not too crazy about spicy. The coconut milk tones down the taste so it’s not very hot. I used Costco stir fry veggie pack which has oodles of veggies like baby corn, snow peas, red peppers, mushroom, and other veggies. You can use any combo of your favorite veggies. Get creative !! Make this vegan by substituting the shrimp for tofu. It tastes great with tofu too.
Floating in coconut goodness !
Nutrition Wise !
This stir fry is bursting with fiber courtesy of the veggies. It’s also brimming with healthy fat in the form of coconut milk and coconut oil ! Read my post on the “wonders of coconut milk” to see why I love and advocate coconut milk! A good amount of protein and when served with rice or noodles give you a nutritionally complete meal. Adding some fresh fruit and milk to the meal are just additional nutritional icing on the cake !
In the skillet !
Making it child friendly with some fresh fruit and milk . My kids like blue plates :)!
Up Close And Personal. Yummy !!
Just take a look at the awesome line up of ‘Quick and Easy’ recipes !
- Greek Dogs by Supper For a Steal
- Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Zucchini, Corn and Bacon Crepes by Vintage Kitchen
- Oregon Shrimp Quesadillas by Pescetarian Journal
- Korean omelet rice by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Dillled Salmon Croquette Burgers by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Gluten Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Stove top mac ‘n cheese by Gotta Get Baked
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Pasta with Creamy Kale Pesto by Webicurean
- Baked Spanish Tortilla by Happy Baking Days
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Swiss Chard and White Beans by The Lemon Bowl
- Tomato Pie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Shredded Chicken in Peanut Sauce Tacos w/ Corn & Zucchini Sauté by GirliChef
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta & Peas by Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Lemon & Dill Shrimp Pasta w/ Oven Roast Corn by Mama, Mommy, Mom
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Kung Pao Shrimp by Mangoes and Chutney
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Lo Mein by The Meltaways
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Jerk Chicken Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Chorizo Tomato Pasta with a Creamy Sauce by Avocado Pesto
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Teriyaki Tuna Bowl by Family Foodie
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Ties by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pasta in Tomato sauce and turkey meatballs by Basic & Delicious
- Pasta Primavera by Midlife Road Trip
- Tots Your Tots Will Love by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our chat!