Creamy raw mushroom soup made with fresh mushrooms, almond milk, fresh herbs & pepper! If the idea of drinking a raw mushroom soup had you recoiling, I’m just going to say: you have to try it to believe it! It’s satisfying, delicious and feels so good ! It has more flavor than any canned or cooked mushroom soup you may but or order in a restaurant. If you prefer the soup cooked you can cook it but you will get the most health benefits from drinking it raw. I saw this video and was quite intrigued so when I had some spare mushrooms I made it and it was delish. I just used a box of white button mushrooms but I plan to try this with shiitake mushroom next. I used home-made almond milk and loaded up on the garlic and pepper since I like my soups spicy. It was yummy! Creamy and peppery with an intense mushroom flavor. You should use a high-powered blender or food processor to get it all smooth and creamy! Raw mushroom soup is my new love now and in the warm summer months ahead when I want something cool and light I can blend up a cup of raw mushroom soup in 3 minutes or less ! look at all that creamy goodness !!
Health Benefits of Mushrooms:
- Improved immune system: Alpha and beta glucan molecules found abundantly in mushrooms strengthen the immune system and enhance immunity. Shiitake mushrooms in particular are touted for their immune boosting properties.
- Improves levels of Vitamin D in your body: Dried mushroom and fresh mushroom are loaded with vitamin D and white mushroom extract is equivalent to supplemental Vitamin D. Read my post on why supplemental D is important here.
- Heart health: The beta-glucans in mushrooms a contribute to its cholesterol-lowering impact. Mushrooms can help protect us against cardiovascular diseases (including atherosclerosis) by preventing too much immune cell binding to the lining of our blood vessels.
- Prevent cancer: The beta glucans we talked about also have very powerful anti-tumor properties. They have liver protecting and detoxifying protection against ionizing radiation, antibacterial, and anti-HIV activity. Reishi mushroom in particular is very beneficial to prevent cancer and to reduce progression of the disease.
- Anti-aging benefits: The beta glucans and superior antioxidants deliver strong anti- aging benefits by fighting oxidation damage thus promoting longevity. Reshi mushrooms are touted for their anti-aging benefits and were even referred to as the mushroom of immortality by ancient people.
Common types of mushrooms:
Crimini, enoki, oyster, portobello, shiitake, reshi and white button are some commonly available mushrooms .All mushrooms are loaded with essential nutrients so help yourself by adding mushroom to your diet! You can buy them fresh frozen or dry.
Beware of toxic mushrooms. If your body exhibits symptoms of food poisoning after ingestion of mushroom, you may have consumed toxic mushrooms. It is extremely important to purchase mushroom from a reputable source which is clearly labeled and which has been subjected to inspection. Mushrooms absorb and concentrate whatever they are grown in so it is important to use organic mushrooms especially if you’re making my raw mushroom soup.