Flourless Chocolate Cake in a mug! Decadent, creamy grain free flourless chocolate cake. This easy to make flourless chocolate cake took 90 seconds to bake in a microwave and turned out super creamy and soft. Drench it in some chocolate sauce and you have the ultimate single serve dessert in a mug. You can also un – mold the cake and serve with some berries and cream. It may not look very pretty when you unmold the flourless chocolate cake but just remember what it lacks in esthetics, it makes up for in taste. My Sunday Supper team is celebrating ” Fat Tuesday” and Madri Gras. Mardi Gras is the annual celebration in major cities around the world like Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Mazatlán ( Mexico)and New Orleans (US). The festivities conclude on Fat Tuesday, which is the last day to binge on rich, decadent foods (and beverages) before the Lenten season starts on Ash Wednesday. I am bringing my decadent flourless chocolate cake in a mug to the Fat Tuesday celebration. It’s loaded with fat but since it’s grain free, it can be a healthy, gluten-free alternative for those who want to eat Paleo and Gluten Free. I used coconut cream in this recipe to make it dairy free but you can use heavy cream instead if you wish. I love coconut cream and felt it added a nice cocnutty flavor to the cake. I also used part sugar and part stevia to reduce the carbs and it still tasted great. The best part about making flourless cake in a mug is it’s quick, easy and you can personalize your mug! My youngest added marshmallows to her cake before we cooked it and her cake actually tasted really good. It is actually my first time making flourless chocolate cake in a mug and I felt like I cheated or missed a few steps since it was so easy. I will defiantly be trying some variations with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, dried fruit etc. Check out my moist flourless chocolate cake !!!
Cocoa is a good source of antioxidants and flavonoids which offer protection from disease. Dark chocolate is beneficial for cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Coconut cream is loaded with healthy fat that gets burnt as fuel. It also strengthens immune system. Coconut cream is a great substitute for those who cannot eat dairy.
Cooking in the microwave!!
It sure deflates fast !!!
Un-molding the mug redeemed the cake! Moist and melt in mouth delish!
Check out some these fabulous ” Madri Gras” recipes by the rest of my Sunday Supper crew!
Cocktails & Other Beverages:
- The Hurricane Cocktail Recipe from An Appealing Plan
- The French 75 from Kimchi MOM
- Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fried Oysters and Remoulade from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp in Mustard Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
- Sweet Potato Pie Appetizer from MealDiva
- Cajun Crab and Corn Beignets from Delaware Girl Eats
- Pancetta and Mushroom Arancini from Ruffles & Truffles
- Creole Shrimp Po Boy Recipe from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo from Supper for a Steal
- Jambalaya from Yours And Mind Are Ours
- Vegan Pizza Waffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Red Beans and Rice from Cookin’ Mimi
- Baked Catfish Po’Boy from Curious Cuisiniere
- Muffuletta from Casa de Crews
- Bayou Seafood and Andouille Jambalaya from The Weekend Gourmet
- Seafood Gumbo from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Tarte a L’oignon from The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Cajun Rice & Beans from Momma’s Meals
- Creole Celery Root Bisque (with Lobster) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Louisiana Roasted Barbecue Shrimp from Food Lust People Love
- Cajun Dirty Rice Bowls from The Dinner-Mom
- New Orleans Fried Chicken from Family Foodie
- Baked Endive and Pears in Blue Cream Sauce from Shockingly Delicious
- Okra Creole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Banana Creme Pie with Honey Whipped Cream and Pecan Brittle from The Foodie Patootie
- Chocolate Ganache Tart from Melanie Makes
- Banana Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel from Gotta Get Baked
- Delicious Baked Beignets from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Caramel and Bourbon Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Paczki from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beignets from The Messy Baker
- Eggless Bread Pudding in a Jar from What Smells So Good?
- Mint Julep Bars from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mardi Gras Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mardi Gras Long Johns from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sinful Mexican Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from La Cocina de Leslie
- Fasnetküchle from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Browned Butter Bacon-Chocolate Chip Cookies from Urban Bakes
- Pecan and Chocolate Pralines from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake from Clarks Condensed
- Baked Coconut Beignets from Mess Makes Food
- Ravioli dolci di Carnevale from Manu’s Menu
- Strawberry Paczki from Neighborfood
- Blackberry Fritters from girlichef
- Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- Flourless Chocolate Cake in a Mug from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pecan Bars from Pies and Plots
- “Skinny Tuesday” Bananas Foster Cheesecake Parfaits from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mocha Pear Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Skinny Baked Beignets from Daily Dish Recipes
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.