Blogging the letter X in the A-Z Blogging challenge . Was Xrtemely difficult to find a topic. Then I hit on Xocolatl (Ancient Aztec for chocolate ) and decided to make dark chocolate covered coffee beans . Two terrific flavors : coffee and chocolate come together in this mouth-watering recipe !! Eat them as a snack especially when you need a caffeine boost or sprinkle them over desserts ! Chocolate, especially dark gives you a high dose of antioxidants and magnesium . Coffee beans will give you pure unadulterated caffeine . Team the two together for a heady ” wake me up” treat. This recipe is super simple and has just 2 ingredients. You can make them diabetic friendly by using unsweetened dark chocolate and agave nectar. Be creative ! Add a dash of mint or cinnamon to the recipe if you wish.
Messing around with Chocolate and Coffee is FUN !!
Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
Make this recipe diabetic friendly by adding un sweetened dark chocolate and 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- I/2 cup roasted coffee beans ( expresso beans if desired)
- 1cup dark chocolate chips or 100 gms dark chocolate
- Wax paper
- Heat chocolate in a saucepan till melted.
- Stir in coffee beans till coated with chocolate
- Lift gently with fork and place on wax paper
- Let cool and freeze for 4-5 hrs
- Remove with a palette knife and store in an airtight container.2.6http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/05/04/xocolatl-dark-chocolate-covered-coffee-beans-to-give-you-a-boost-recipe/
To read more in my A- Z Blogging challenge, click here and check back tomorrow to read my post on the letter Y. I am going to share a yogurt based cool summer soup !