My Sunday Supper team is doing a special event this week. We are featuring recipes by Katie Workman author of ” 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket “. This is a fabulous book filled with healthy delish recipes that are kid friendly and savvy enough for the grown ups. The theme for this event is ” portable dishes”. I looked through the recipe book which I was fortunate to receive and loved it. Easy, simple practical recipes for busy moms and cooking dads 🙂 While flipping through the book the chapter on spice rubs for chicken and meats caught my eye. Katie Workman has shared with us many ‘easy to make’ spice rubs that you can make ahead of time and store for when you want to make the dish. I love that ! I chose the warm spice rub which has a Caribbean flavor to it ! It had a blend of cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper ginger and kosher salt. Rub this on chicken with some lemon and olive oil and you’re in ‘ Chicken Heaven’ It tasted spicy moist and smells heavenly ! Proof : My kid asked me if I was baking Cinnamon Buns 🙂 I probably took too many pics, but I couldn’t help myself ! And Yes !! This dish is portable and would taste great eaten plain by itself or served on a bed of chickpea rice salad as seen in the pictures !
This warm spice chicken is laced with cinnamon and has a heady aroma. Eat it low carb with a green salad or serve with a side of rice !
- 10 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger powder or 1 tbsps ginger paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Wash chicken and towel dry to remove moisture
- Mix Olive oil and lemon juice and smear over chicken
- Mix all dry spices together and rub into chicken liberally
- Marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35- 45 minutes till done. ( This may take longer if you are cooking a whole chicken)
- Serve hot and enjoy !!!
- Tip : Double or triple the quantities of spice mix and store in an airtight container for future use.
If you liked this recipe and would like to check out the other recipes in the book, I am giving away one of her fabulous recipe books courtesy of the author. All you have to do is comment on my post and tell me your favorite chicken dish ! That’s it !! If you want to you can like my page on FB too:) Either way just a comment will give you a chance to win ! The giveaway is restricted to US residents only.
You can check out more recipes by Katie Workman brought to you by the Sunday Supper team by clicking the links below. I saw a prevue of the recipes and they are quite delish!
- Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~ The Meltaways
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~ Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Rum laced Fudgy One Pot Brownies ~ Baker Street
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Simple Vanilla Cake ~ Mrs. Mama Hen
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Wine Pairing to complement our recipes ~ ENOFYLZ
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
Join us for #SundaySupper on twitter starting at 3:00 pm EST. We are featuring Portable Recipes for getting together with friends from The Mom 100 Cookbook. Katie Workman will be joining us to answer questions, give tips and inspire at 5:30 pm EST.