A few weeks ago I was given a oppurtunity to review the new LAND O LAKES® Olive oil and sea salt butter. It was buttery delicious ! Creamy, easy to cook with and healthy too. I fell in love with it and wanted to create another healthy buttery recipe. I’ve always wanted to make 3 bean hummus, so decided to substitute the olive oil for the butter and it came out creamy and delish. My best hummus yet!!! What is the advantage of making a three bean hummus? Each bean has a different amino acid and combining beans makes a complete protein. To read more on combining proteins, read my post on ‘Pros and Cons of being Vegan ” The roasted red peppers adds color and zest! You can either roast red peppers or buy the bottled version. I made a huge batch since I have company on Saturday, but am not quite sure the hummus will make it through to the weekend. Well, I will just have to whip up a new batch if it is demolished before that. I added some raw garlic and lemon to add some extra pizzaz ! High fiber, heart healthy and super creamy, what’s not to love about this hummus ?
Roasted Red Pepper Three Bean Hummus with Olive Oil Butter & Sea Salt
Bursting with fiber and complex carbs this hummus is as healthy as it will give you a kick !!
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 can white cannellini beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 half sticks LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup roasted red pepper or 2 large red peppers roasted
- 1/ 2 cup lemon juice 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 pods garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ( optional)
- Rinse all beans well.
- Melt butter in microwave or stove top till liquid.
- Blend all ingredients together till smooth.
- Add coconut milk and blend if mixture is too thick.
- Serve with pita chips, veggies or use as a sandwich spread !2.6http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/06/22/roasted-red-pepper-three-bean-hummus-with-olive-oil-butter-sea-salt/
If you like this recipe check out my Wild Raisin & Nut Rice Pilaf made with the same butter.