Today my #SundaySupper team is doing a ” what does Sunday Supper mean you ” ? theme. I got involved in Sunday Supper 7 months back and have loved being a part of it. The concept behind it which is bringing families together for a meal is so beautiful and I love that Isabel aka Family Foodie coined the idea and put #sundaysupper together ! Thanks Isabel !! I love the idea of family eating together for dinner, but some weekdays it’s tough. Kids have activities so sometimes dinner is grab and go. Sunday however we do relax and have a nice meal around the table. Kids talk, we talk and all this talking builds precious memories together. So important !! Some days wer’e travelling back home and Sunday supper is on the road, but it’s still us sharing good times. Sometimes wer’e honored to have guests with us sharing Sunday Supper or we are guests at someone’s home, but again it’s memories and good times. When I say good, life does not bring us good ALL the time, but as families we embrace the good times and the bad times and are in together and that’s what Sunday Supper means to me! I decide to make a family favorite for this week’s recipe. Salmon smeared with spicy tandoori paste is rolled in a mixture of whole wheat couscous and ground flaxseed. Bake this or pan roast it for a crunchy on the outside but moist on the inside treat ! Delish ! Want proof ? I made some for dinner last night thinking I would have leftovers today, but no ! It’s all gone ! hope you like my family favorite recipe !
Nutrition Nuts and bolts
Salmon is full of heart healthy omega three which supports barin function, heart health and does the body so much good. Whole wheat couscous adds fiber and some complex carbohydate fuel power. Ground flaxseed adds to the fiber and omega 3 making this a super healthy dish.
Whole wheat Couscous + Flaxseed make a great substitute for breadcrumbs !!
Prepping the salmon !
Baked and plated ! A crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside treat !!
Sunday Supper has teamed with Merrell who has has chosen these 10 bloggers to host a giveaway on their site. Make sure you stop by for a chance to win some great Merrell Products.
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
The inspiration and recipes don’t stop there, we have more reasons to celebrate food, friends and #SundaySupper and you don’t want to miss these great posts and recipes:
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while Creatiing New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Campfire Steak with Bleu Cheese Sauce by The Messy Baker
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ