Ripe mangoes brushed with coconut oil are grilled, then layered with creamy Greek Yogurt and toasted slivered almonds ! Rich, yummy, healthy dessert that can fix even the most serious sweet tooth! My #SundaySupper team is doing a ” five ingredient or less dish” theme and frankly, I found this a little challenging. Not because I don’t do quick and easy meals. One pot cooking and easy meals are my favorite kind of meal prep but I use a lot of spices and herbs. Since those count as ingredients as well, I decided to play it safe and make a parfait. I am looking forward to visiting all my team mates blogs and getting some tips on using less ingredients 🙂 ! For my parfait I used mangoes, coconut oil, yogurt and slivered almonds. I still have one ingredient to spare, so I am going to add some honey, optional for those who want their parfait a little sweeter. I found I did not need it. The sweetness of the grilled fruit was sweet enough for me. I prefer plain yogurt but you can use vanilla yogurt if you prefer. Greek yogurt is richer and creamier than regular yogurt without sacrificing calories and taste so if you have a choice, use Greek yogurt. I found the low-fat version creamy enough that I did not need to use full fat yogurt. My kids assembled the parfaits and we had great fun making it and eating it. My youngest even asked if she could have a ” Parfait Party” with her friends ! I’m thinking about it and in the meantime I think we will be making a grilled peach parfait next !
Mangoes are loaded with Vitamin A & C and are yummy to boot. Yogurt gives you a nice boost of calcium, Vitamin D and protein. Almonds add fiber, Vitamin E and heart healthy fat.
Grilling Fruit !
Fruit is basically made up of water and natural sugar( fructose) and by grilling it, you can concentrate the flavors by reducing the water and caramelizing the natural sugars. Grilling brings out the natural flavor in fruit and makes it taste sweeter. Hence the need for adding sugar is reduced. You don’t need an outdoor grill to grill your fruit. I used an indoor George Foreman grill. You can also just lightly toast the mango in a pan on each side.
My Sunday Supper team has cooked up a storm with easy ” five ingredient recipes” ! Stop by their blogs and check them out ! Some neat recipes here.
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Kimchee Fried Rice with Bacon – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Blackened Cajun Chicken with Wild Rice – Sustainable Dad
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Candified Bananas on a Stick – Gotta Get Baked
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your easy go to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!