Light Cherry Almond Crumbles baked in jars. There’s something magical about eating warm baked fruit on a cold winter evening. Any weather really! While I love fresh fruit and have a sweet passion for fruit smoothies, when I reach for a dessert I am partial to fruity ones. I haven’t blogged in a week which is strange for me. This light cherry almond crumble is from a book called “Desserts In Jars” by author Shaina Olmanson! A beautiful book filled with tips and recipes for gorgeous desserts you can create using glass jars. I was super excited to receive the book and I can’t wait to try out many yummy recipes. The first dessert that popped up at me was this cherry almond crumble. Its super simple to make and very light. I was a little apprehensive about actually baking in the jars, but they turned out perfect. Add a little whipped cream or ice cream and you can turn light cherry almond crumble into rich! I could not find fresh cherries so I used high quality frozen cherries and they tasted great. I can’t wait to try this with fresh cherries though once they comeback into season. There’s something very special about creating desserts in jars! Almost like you’re creating a special individualized treat for someone and the nice thing is you can personalize it for each person. You can create a gluten -free treat for the gluten-free eating child or make one vegan for your vegan guest. The possibilities are endless. Not to mention the pretty picture it makes on your dining table. I will be be scouring the stores for mason jars just so I can create more treats. They are reusable too, so very environmental friendly. I will give away one book and who know? You could be the lucky winner!!
Cherries contain a powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants! Packed with vitamins A, E and K, and all of the B vitamins except vitamin B12, they’re a great source of vitamin C. Cherries have also been touted for their soothing sleep inducing properties. It may not be a bad idea to have a portion for dinner :)!! Almonds are full of heart healthy vitamin E and healthy fats. Combine the two and you have a sweet healthy treat!
Giveaway ( Open to US residents only ) !!
All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post telling me your favorite fruit to cook with and what you like to do with it !Contest closes December 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM CST.
For other additional entries ( optional) :
1. Pin any picture from this post to your favorite Interest board. Please leave me a comment that you pinned the picture.
2. Tweet about this recipe and giveaway. Please leave me a comment that you tweeted the post.
3. You will receiving 3 Bonus entries if you participated (and used our hash tag) during the live chat with Shaina Olmanson on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 8pm EST on Twitter. Please let me know in a separate comment that you did participate.
As a BONUS – there are 10 other blogs sharing recipes and have cookbooks to giveaway too! That is 10 sweet chances to win and fabulous odds! We are all posting on different days this week so be sure to check out the published posts as they go live on the day listed below.
- Nicole Cook from Daily Dish Recipes fell in love with Banana Buttermilk Triffles.
- Karen Hartzell blogs at In The Kitchen with KP and wants to share Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread with friends and family.
- Pam Clark from The Meltaways will be warming us up with the Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix with Cinnamon Marshmallows
- Heather Gonzalez is the girlichef who can’t wait to share Orange White-Chocolate Cheesecakes with Cranberry Sauce
- Amber Poole who blogs as Mama’s Blissful Bites will be sharing the Campfire Bars Mix
- Sunithi Selvaraj ( me ) from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz loves fruit and is making Cherry Almond Crumbles
- Jaime Rippy the blogger behind Mama Mommy Mom couldn’t resist the Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust
- Renee Dobbs from Magnolia Days had so much fun preparing Monster Mix Cookies
- Jen Martinez form Juanita’s Cocina is raving about the Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granita… oh yeah
- Lane Richeson from Supper for a Steal loves the twist on an old favorite Strawberry Shortcake
You can watch the Dessert In Jars book trailer and check out Shaina’s fun food blog, Food for My Family, for more family friendly recipes. If you would like to purchase this book for yourself or to give as a gift this season, you can purchase Desserts in Jars here.
Have a holiday season and have some fun creating Desserts In Jars!!