Masala Dosa! Savory rice crepes stuffed with peas and ricotta cheese make a nice meal for Meatless Monday! If you’ve eaten at a South Indian restaurant you’ve likely eaten these thin light crepes stuffed with potatoes. We love them at our home and at least once/ week I make them for a quick weeknight supper. One of our favorite ways to eat them is stuffed with a mixture of peas and paneer or ricotta cheese. The trick to making this a quick weeknight meal is to have the batter ready ahead of time. I usually make the masala dosa / rice crepe batter on the weekend and stick it into the fridge and use it through the week. It’s light, easy and my family loves it! You can serve it with my mint chutney or coconut chutney. My youngest just likes to smother some jelly over it! My favorite stuffing is this pea and ricotta stuffing and the sweet potato stuffing I used to stuff my samosas! You can make this recipe vegan by using tofu instead of panner.
You can make the batter using either my quick method or the longer soak method. You can also just purchase ready-made masala dosa batter at any Indian store. It costs about $2.99 for a large tub which can easily make about 12 dosas. I often buy the batter if I do not have the time to make it.
Picture guide to making dosa / rice crepe !
Check out what the rest of my Weekday Supper team will be bringing for the rest of the week and visit them to get some easy neat recipes !
- Monday – Sue/Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Masala Dosa : Rice Crepes Stuffed With Ricotta Sweet Potatoes & Peas
- Tuesday – Tammi/Momma’s Meals - Easy Peasy Ham & Pasta
- Wednesday – Jamie/Mama.Mommy.Mom – Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Corn Salsa
- Thursday – Laura/Small Wallet, Big Appetite – Shrimp with Garlic, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese
- Friday – Cindy/Cindy’s Recipes and Writing – Freshly Pressed Waffle Sandwiches