It’s pumpkin season and it’s time for pumpkin recipes! I love pumpkins so I decided to jump on the band wagon and blog a pumpkin recipe! Ok I am going to be honest with you; I put off writing this post till the last minute and after spending a beautiful day walking around DC I am tired so this will be short post. I made a savory pumpkin dish that I generally make at home. It’s so simple that you don’t need a recipe card but I made one anyway. You cook pumpkin with some red onion, garlic, chili flakes and cumin seeds! Then you add in fresh coconut, cilantro and you have this savory pumpkin dish that you can eat with breads like chapatti or with any meat! I use frozen coconut meat from the Indian store which is the closest I can get to fresh coconut! This dish makes a good thanksgiving side! A savory pumpkin dish that your diabetic friends can enjoy! Heck not just the diabetics, your vegan friends will love it too! Anyone can eat this dish! It’s simple, savory and tickles the palate with so many flavors! From my kitchen to yours! Hope you like it!
Pumpkins pack a powerful punch of Vitamin A, fiber and Vitamin C. It also has a powerful boost of potassium. Potassium aids heart and muscle function. Garlic has good antibacterial and antiviral benefits courtesy of a compound called allicin. Coconut oil and coconut adds a healthy dose of monounsaturated fat and adds to the flavor of this dish.
Check out all the fabulous pumpkin recipes by the rest of me team! There’s some really great fall recipes in there!
Simple Pumpkin Recipes
Meals, Sides, and Snacks
- Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chia Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pastry Twists by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Miso Broth with Roast Pumpkin and Noodles by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Kugel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Mug Muffin by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Shrub by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Savory Pumpkin with Red Onion Garlic and Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites by Bites of Wellness
- Pumpkin Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Pumpkin Hand Pies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pumpkin Pot Au Creme by Cooking On The Ranch
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.