Pineapple rice with ginger cilantro & shrimp with just a hint of sweet & hot to tickle the palate! My kids love pineapple rice & order it every time we go to a Thai restaurant! They just have to pass a Thai place and they will be asking for pineapple rice! Last week I had lunch at Sala Thai with a friend & took home a box of pineapple rice just to feed my kid! So when my Sunday supper team decided to do a casserole theme I decided to make pineapple rice. It would save me a stop at the Thai place when my kids wanted it and homemade is cheaper too! Looked up the recipe and added my own spin to it like I always do! I added some cumin and used coconut milk to the recipe. I used fresh pineapple but you can frozen or canned too! I added some peas to give it some extra fiber and add some veggies. I used basmati rice because I like using basmati rice and it has the lowest glycemic index of any kind of rice making it a healthy choice for diabetics and everyone. I made it early this morning before leaving for a church event and when I came back home it had disappeared! Proof that it tastes good. I used shrimp as a meat but you can use any meat or just plain vegetarian pineapple rice would taste great too! I half cooked it stove top and then added rice and baked it casserole style! My first experiment making pineapple rice and I am sure I will be making it soon again!
Check out these awesome casserole dishes by my Sunday Supper Team!
Holiday Casserole Recipes #SundaySupper
- Apple Crumble French Toast Casserole by Pies and Plots
- Holiday Breakfast Casserole by The Freshman Cook
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Christmas Chilaquiles with Eggs by Our Good Life
- Buttery Baked Bread Dressing by Food Lust People Love
- Collard Greens Au Gratin by Soulfully Made
- French Potato Gratin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ham & Cheese Corn Casserole (Spoon Bread) by Palatable Pastime
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Crickets Confections
- Lower Carb Green Bean Casserole by Positively Stacey
- Simple Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole (Dairy-Free) by Bites of Wellness
- Turkey and Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Quinoa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cheesy Orzo Pasta Bake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole by Restless Chipotle
- Shrimp Pineapple Rice Casserole by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Make Ahead Spaghetti Western Chili Casserole by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.