Basically, you’re trying to make your body more alkaline so the lbs will just drop off.
If you go online… you’ll find a lot of lists under alkaline foods… check them out. I have provided a few links below. They may be a little stringent in terms of what to eat and what not to eat…but here are some easy cheat tips ( not given in those diet plans ) that will alkalize your body quickly without strictly following the alkaline diets. Using these cheat tips, you can eat a more normal sort of a diet and still be alkaline.
- First thing in the morning and last thing in the night… Drink a glass of water with 1/4 tsp of sodium bicarbonate in it. Go easy on it starting with once a day since it could upset your stomach .Once used to it -try it two times a day. Do not use Na bicarb if you have high BP (Blood Pressure)
- Drink water spiked with lime / lemon juice (no sugar) as often as you can. Once you start drinking lemon water, it will become a second nature.
- There is also Alkaline water which has a PH of 9.5 which will make your body very alkaline. I have provided a link below if you want to try it
- Drink at least 3-4 glasses of fresh juice per day (no sugar ). This will drastically alkalize your body. Fruit and Veggie juices should be made using a juicer. It has to be non pasteurized juice which is not generally sold in stores. Good Alkaline juices are cucumber, celery, tomatoes, citrus etc. If you’re diabetic you’re better off with veggie juices. If you want to dispense with the chore of juicing, you could get 32 oz (4 glasses) of fresh made juice at Robeks for just $5.99.
- Avoid soda, coffee, chocolate and too much meat (these create acid) at least for some time. Tea is OK. Green tea or Oolong tea will boost metabolism.
- Take a spirulina supplement or any other green food supplement – Wheat Grass, Liquid Chlorophyll or anything similar. If Aloe vera juice is available – that’s great too. These speed up the PH becoming alkaline.
- Apart from that just eat a healthy diet with emphasis on veggies and fruit and more fish and egg since these are less acidic than other meats. Try to avoid foods that are very highly acidic. See lists on Internet or on the links provided below.
It will take a week or two for your body to switch to the alkaline mode, but once it does… you’ll automatically shed 2-3 lbs per week. Include exercise and drink at least 8 glasses of water.
Important to follow the cheat tips like the Na bicarbonate … Good to get a juicer with a large feeder …easier to juice. Costco had a good one “Jack Lalanne juicer“$ 100.00. Very large feeder…no need to cut up apples and carrots etc…Easier to clean up etc.
After the wt loss, don’t have to be as strict with the diet, but continue the juice at least 2 times per day to maintain an alkaline PH.
As in all types of diets, this may or may not work for you. Give it a shot if you wish and feel free to email or ask me any questions…. Happy alkalizing …!!
Update : please glance through the comments . I have answered some questions that are related to the article which you may find useful.
Click on the Links
Alkaline vs Acidic Foods
Home made alkalizing formula using baking soda
PH of brands of Mineral water
Alkaline Vs Acidic sugars
Watch this video to get a better understanding of the ” Alkaline Diet”