A family favorite, I call this a lean meat cutlet because it’s made with lean meat. The great thing about this recipe is it can be used for any kind of meat whether it is ground chicken, turkey , beef, soy meat or venison. Since I have a lot of ground venison in my freezer I used some of it and it turned out quite perfect. The mint , cilantro and ginger add zest to it while the potatoes give it substance and make it a mealy mouth-wateringly delish dish. I also add some grated garlic and onion to give it additional zest without being too over powering. You can deep fry or bake them. I fry them most times and then quickly drain them on a paper towel, so it does not absorb too much oil. Baked or fried it’s a dish that leaves no leftovers.
Nutrition Nuts and Bolts about the key ingredients
Ground Venison : lean and organic .Since deer run around so much , no excess fat there. Great source of Iron and zinc
Red potatoes : High in potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin c.
Ginger and Garlic : Immunity boosters and protective in nature
Mint : A good dose of fresh B vitamins and adds so much to any recipe.
Cilantro : Another great fresh dose of vitamin, C and E. Just a pinch can add so much flavor.
Onion : Loaded with potassium this root veggie has anti inflammatory qualities.
Egg : Loaded with essential Amino Acids, eggs help make sure the cutlet doesn’t break up.
Breadcrumbs : Use whole grain breadcrumbs or make your own with whole wheat bread to add some fiber to the meat.
Mint Cilantro Cutlets with Red Potatoes #LeanCuisine
This recipe can be used for any kind of ground meat: Beef, venison, chicken, soy crumbles or turkey. You can fry it for a crisp treat or bake it for a healthy treat. Makes a great appetizer or meat dish for a meal.
- Ilb Ground venison
- 4 red potaoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups oil ( if frying )
- 2 tsp salt
- Microwave ground venison for 6-8 minutes or cook on stove top till partially cooked.
- Drain all liquids and remove any excess moisture by using a paper towel.( Make it as dry as possible)
- Boil potatoes, peel and add potato meal to meat mixture.
- Finely chop onion, garlic, ginger, mint , cilantro and add to above mixture along with salt.
- Add chilli flakes( this will make the cutlets spicy hot, so only use if desired)
- Mix well.
- Beat egg.
- Form oval or round shaped cutlets , smear with egg and roll in breabcrumb mixture.
- Deep fry and drain on a towel to remove excess oil or bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.2.2http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/01/21/zesty-mint-cilantro-cutlets-with-red-potatoes-leancuisine-sundaysupper/