Getting my kids to eat veggies is quite a task, but there are a couple of veggie dishes they will gobble down. This is one of them. I call this a heart healthy recipe courtesy of the monounsaturated(good for heart fats) loaded Olive oil and Mrs Dash ( salt free seasonings) . No one in my nest of four has hypertension just yet, but I just love using Mrs Dash in a lot of my recipes. The fact that it is sodium free is just the icing on the cake to a spice blend that is already bursting with flavor. You can use any blend you like .I used the garlic herb blend in this recipe and since my kids are used to spice, used chilli flakes as well. Skip the chilli to make it less hot, but use Mrs Dash to add some pizzaz to your dish. Warning ! Once you make this dish, you must be prepared to bake it again sometime soon, since you family will want an encore :) Makes a great appetizer, snack or veggie side to any meal.
Nutrition Nuts and Bolts about the key ingredients:
Cauliflower : A great source of Vitamin C, K and potassium , this veggie has cancer protection properties and takes on the taste of any spice you add to it.
Olive oil : High source of heart healthy Monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols that boost heart protection. Use The Extra virgin kind to get the most heart healthy benefits.
Mrs Dash : A super blend of just plain natural spices that are soo flavorful, you do not need salt and that is why I LOVE Mrs Dash.
Crispy Golden Cauliflower Popcorn With A Hint Of Mrs Dash #HeartHealthy
Use any Blend of Mrs Dash for a heart healthy crunchy treat !
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 tbs olive oil ( extra virgin)
- 2 tsps Mrs Dash ( Garlic Herb blend)
- 2 tsps chilli flakes ( optional)
- Cut cauliflower to remove core and thick stems.
- Trim remaining florets into small bunches.
- Toss in olive oil and Mrs Dash.
- Toss in chilli flakes ( optional)
- Spread florets on a baking sheet with aluminuim foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes till florets turn a golden brown.
- Serve hot !2.2http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/01/24/yum-crispy-golden-cauliflower-popcorn-with-a-hint-of-mrs-dash-hearthealthy/