Strawberries dipped in a mix of white chocolate and coconut with just a hint of coconut oil are a ” melt in mouth” delish treat ! When my sunday supper team decided to do a trick or treat theme I knew this was wanted to make. I saw this recipe for strawberry ghosts in the “Taste Of Home” website and loved it. I made some modifications to the recipe. I added coconut oil instead of shortening. I also added shredded coconut flakes which gave the strawberries a nice rough aged ghostly look. Added bonus they tasted great. Turned white chocolate into gourmet white chocolate. I got my kids involved which was great. My 9 yr old decorated the faces and was so proud of her efforts I didn’t have the heart to display the ones I decorated ! The best way to get the chocolate all smooth and to a dip consistency is to use a double boiler where the chocolate does not touch heat directly. I did not have a double boiler, so I made one. I put a shallow dish with water on the stove and heated it. I then put the chocolate in smaller dish and placed it in the pan with the boiling water. Worked great and I had my own double boiler. All in all, we had a great time making these treats and I hope you enjoy making them too !
Nutrition Wise !
One cup of strawberries contains over 13% of the RDA of dietary ﬁber which is so essential for so many things including keeping digestion regular and curbing overeating It is a low-calorie fruit bursting with Vitamin C . Coconut oil has healthy monounsaturated fats which do not stored by your body but get burnt as fuel for energy. Chocolate is just icing on anything you eat and when you add it to berries makes a decadent reasonably healthy dessert !
Ingredients ! Some good stuff here !
White Chocolate Goodness !!
My Sunday Supper team has created a storm treat ! Check them out !! On the menu for our Trick-or-Treat #SundaySupper Halloween Party:
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, this Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.