Desserts in Jars! Doesn’t that sound divine? Imagine scooping into a glass jar and eating something decadent out of it. When I received the book “Desserts in Jars’ by Shaina Olmanson a few months back I was thrilled! It had so many creative recipes in it. I made a cherry almond crumble where I baked the crumble in the jar and it tasted so good!!! My Sunday Supper team is doing a “Desserts in Jars “theme and I decided to make my roasted strawberry parfaits. Some baking involved but not in the jar. The jar is used to set up a pretty parfait. Strawberry season is here and I am trying to find creative ways for my family to eat strawberries. Roasting fruit brings out its flavor and berries are no exception. Roast strawberries with some natural sugar and you have a treat in itself. Top this with some whipped cream and you have a super yummy treat. Add some toasted coconut and you have a decadent gourmet dessert. Given my current craze for coconut I used coconut cream. You can use plain whipped cream or yogurt if you like. It came out so well!! Never mind that my youngest built the parfaits a little messy … it tasted yum! I want to try this with blueberries next!
Apart from the fact that there is something magical about eating out a jar, you can just close the lid for desserts on the go. It makes a great gift too. Wrap a ribbon or some raffia around it and you have the perfect gift or goodie bag! Jars are very versatile and you can bake in them too! Best of all desserts in jars are totally reusable. Want to go green? Make desserts, goodies in jars and recycle.
Strawberries are bursting with Vitamin C and have a healthy dose of antioxidants and fiber! They are the perfect low GI fruit. Check out my strawberries getting ready to get roasted !
Check out these awesome desserts all made in jars !!
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP