Turkey shepherd’s pie with a creamy cauliflower crust is pure comfort food! It’s easy to put together and thus a familiar favorite in my home on a busy weeknight. It’s also a one pot meal which makes it a huge win for a weekday meal. I cook the turkey with loads of veggies, layer it with creamy cauliflower mash and I have meat and veggies rolled into one. Just pair it with some fruit and fresh juice or milk and dinner is ready! I love the lightness of the cauliflower crust and seriously making cauliflower mash is much easier than making potato mash. No peeling !!! Just steam the cauliflower, mash it with some salt, pepper and some almond milk and I have creamy cauliflower mash which tastes great when layered over my ground turkey. I spiced the turkey with pepper, garlic, cumin and chili flakes to give it a little kick. The combination of spiced turkey with creamy cauliflower is so good! I used some ground flaxseed to bind the turkey mixture together and it adds a nutty flavor to the meat. Not to mention a burst of healthy fat and fiber. Finally I added some fresh cilantro and mint to give it a fresh taste. Low Carb, Gluten-Free and Perfectly Paleo Turkey Shepherd’s Pie for a quick weekday supper!
Look what my turkey filling looks like !!!
Creamy cauliflower mash!
Check out what the rest of my weekday supper team has put together for this week ! Easy, scrumptious dishes!
- Monday – No One Likes Crumbley Cookies –Crispy Skin Chicken with Rice Medley
- Tuesday – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Spiced Up Turkey Shepherd’s Pie With A Cauliflower Crust
- Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Pasta with Black Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- Thursday – Happy Baking Days – Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil
- Friday – girlichef – Chicken Parm Sammies