Have you ever craved a hot and sweet appetizer that will make taste buds dance ? This is a perfect sweet hot combo that will disappear as soon as you serve it . Tried and tested on my family this week who ate every crumb or should I say shrimp ! I received this hot carrot and habenero pepper sauce called Hot 3 ( Hot -Cubed ) from Intensity Academy as part of a project hosted by one of my foodie tribes. We are being creative and creating appetizers with these sauces and ooh some of the appetizers my team mates have created are so amazing and I really hope you will visit thier blogs to check them out. These amazing appetizers are being released on Super bowl Sunday, but you make them any time of the year. The sauce I recieved was super hot !!! Their hottest sauce ! No Kidding and I am used to hot n spicy having grown up on spicy food Well, I decided to tone down the hot by adding some sweet in the form of fresh pureed pineapple and honey. Turned out perfect ! Hot n Sweet to the core and my Delish glazed pineapple shrimp kebab was born ! So low in calories and fat, am actually going to call it lean cuisine !
Nuts and Bolts on the Key Ingredients :
Shrimp : I used the medium-sized easy peel shrimp. Loaded with zinc and iron
Pineapple : Fresh chunks for the sauce and some chunks to grill . Pineapple is a great natural tenderizer and adds sweet flavor!
All Natural Carrot based Hot sauce : This hot sauce is a combo of carrots, habanero peppers, vinegar and garlic
Cilantro : Adds Zest to any dish and I used some finely chopped in this recipe.
Honey : Just a dash to add the glazed sweet taste !
Lemon juice : fresh lemon adds zest and flavor
Olive Oil : Just a dash added to the basting mixture gives the shrimp a crisp flavor.
The sauce used for this recipe is called Hot 3 ( hot cubed) and was provided by Intensity Academy. It is a blend of carrots, habanero peppers, vinegar and garlic.
- I lb medium easy peel shrimp
- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs Hot sauce ( Hot 3 hotcubed all natural carrot based hot sauce)
- 3 tbs honey
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel, clean and devine shrimp.
- Cut up 1 lb of pineapple into bite size chunks.
- Marinade mixture
- Puree 1 cup fresh pineapple with lemon juice and garlic
- Add 3 tbs hot sauce, 2 tbs honey and salt to above mixture.
- Finely chop 1/2 c cilantro to the marinade.
- Marinate pineapple chunks and shrimp in the sauce mixture for 6-7 hrs.
- Arrange marinated shrimp and pineapple on skewers.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil, 1/4 c lemon juice and 1 tbbs honey to remaining marinade mixture.
- Grill or broil in an oven for 8- 10 minutes basting with remaining marinade mixture every two minutes untill pineapple and shrimp have that grilled look.
- Serve hot an appetizer or serve as a part of a meal.
Want some more amazing appetizers : check out this list .
I am trying out all these appetizers and hope you will too ! Have a Great super Bowl party ! Even if your favorite team wins or loses remember appetizers always win !