This high fiber salsa bursting with antioxidants and flavor is so delish you will not know that there is no added salt courtesy of Mrs Dash !!
- 4 large tomatoes or 8 small ones
- 1 cup mango chunks
- I red onion
- I/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 jalopeno pepper ( optional)
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs Mrs Dash Garlic Herb blend
- 1 lemon
- Clean and chop tomatoes or blend coarsely in a food processor.
- Chop onion, jalopeno, cilantro finely and add to the tomatoes.
- Chop mango chunks into small bits and add to the mixture.
- Rinse Black beans and add to mixture.
- Add cooked corn and lemon juice.
- Add Mrs Dash seasoning and cumin and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the ingredients soak all the flavors.
- Serve with whole wheat pita chips, tortilla chips or multigrain chips for a high fiber treat.
- Home made pita chips
- Cut up wholegrain pita bread into small triangles and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes till crisp.
Sodium is just 10 mg/serving which makes it a super low sodium dish !!
Pair the feisty salsa with home-baked pita chips for a lip smacking healthy treat !
Cut up and bake whole grain pita bread at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Dust some olive oil and seasoning on pita before baking if desired.