Blogging the last letter in my A-Z blogging challenge ! Yay ! Such a feeling to have finally finished !!!! There are not too many Z foodie words that I can blog about but there’s always Zucchini. My #SundaySupper group is doing a herb veggie theme so I thought Zucchini would fit right in. I doused slices of zucchini in besan aka lentil flour ( available at Asian or Indian stores) and then fried it in light olive oil. Yes !! I fried it but I did use olive oil so it’s heart healthy oil You can make your own lentil flour by just grinding some dry chickpeas or other lentils in a coffee mill or dry grinder. The lentil flour boosts the fiber in zucchini thus making it a healthy high fiber snack or side to any meal. The combination of a crisp outer layer and a soft center is simple scrumptious !! Team it with a fresh salsa or creamy dip for an extra delish treat! Be creative and use this lentil mix for other veggies as well ! I find it works quite well for onion, potatoes, eggplant and green peppers.
The Grand Zucchini and Lentils
Zucchini :Very low calories vegetable. Its peel is good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation and offers some protection against colon cancers.It is a very good source of potassium, vitamin A , C and folate
Lentils : Lentils are a good source of lean protein, iron, folic acid and fiber. They are also high in antioxidants since they belong to the bean family. To read my post on the wonders of the magical bean, click here.
High Fiber Zucchini Lentil Fritters
Make your own lentil flour by grinding dry chick peas or other dry lentils in a coffee grinder or dry grinder. You can also use pancake batter to coat zucchini
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 cup besan or lentil flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mint - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 quart light olive oil
- Wash and slice zucchini in thin slices.
- Mix lentil flour, cumin powder, salt and finely chopped mint with water to make a thick paste.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees or till it almost begins to smoke.
- Coat zucchini slices with flour mixture and deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm with salsa or a creamy dip.2.2http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/05/06/high-fiber-zucchini-lentil-fritters-sundaysupper/
To read more in my A- Z Blogging challenge, click here !! This is my last and final post in this series and I appreciate everyone who read my A-Z posts, crazy as some of them were and thanks for the support ! Also if you want some great garden fresh recipes , visit my sunday supper friends below. All delish flavorful recipes !!!
Cocktails and Wine Pairings:
- Lemon Parsley Cocktail Magnolia Days
- Tangerine Thyme Fizz Cocktail An Appealing Plan
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Wine; Herb and Wine Pairing Charts Wine Every Day
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers Supper for a Steal
- Garden Salsa Chocolate Moosey
- Herb Party Vegetable Gratin Val’s Food and or Art
- Zucchini Corn Fritters Mrs. Mama Hen
- Tarragon Chicken Lovely Pantry
- Asparagus Souffle The Daily Dish Recipes
- Mediterranean Style Meatloaf The Meltaways
- Chicken Bruschetta Family Foodie
- Spring Herbs and Green Tortilla de Patata Les recettes de Lorette
- Zucchini Lasagne From My Corner of Saratoga
- Red Potato and Grilled Corn Salad The Messy Baker Blog
- German Home Fries and Herbed Quark Dip The German Foodie
- Scallion Pancakes Teeny Tiny Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts Juanita’s Cocina