My #SundaySupper team is working with Katie workman, author of “100 recipes every mom should have” to bring you easy back to school recipes. Katie’s book has fabulous ideas and you should check it out !! She has some great suggestions for easy yummy lunch box wraps. I have never made serious wraps before, but Katie had such practical easy suggestions for making them I decided to give it a shot ! We had chicken kebabs with grilled veggies for dinner and I thought that would make a yummy wrap. Every wrap needs a creamy sauce and I made one just for this wrap which is creamy healthy, delish and super easy to make. Tahini paste mixed with greek yogurt in the ratio of 1:2 was perfect. The tahini gave it a sharp taste while the yogurt toned it down and it went so well with the kebabs & grilled veggies. My friend Sam over at ‘The Ferraro Kitchen ‘ has another thinned down tahini sauce with lemon which would also taste great with this wrap. If your’e eating it for dinner, warm the kebabs lightly before stuffing the wrap. So yummy ! A cold wrap for lunch the next day tastes great too !
Click here for my kebab chicken recipe !
Nutrition Wise : Good lean protein and high fiber courtesy of the veggies and high fiber whole grain tortillas. A good amount of vitamin E which the Tahini sauce brings to it and some calcium courtesy of the sesame seeds and greek yogurt.
Creamy Tahini Greek yogurt Sauce !
Filling the wrap ! Fun part ! Add a generous amount of Tahini sauce.
Makes really cool mini wraps ! Snack size ! My kids gobbled these !!!!
Check out what the rest of my Sunday Supper team has cooked up ! Some great ” Back to School” ideas here !!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.