Green Mango chutney that is savory & sweet ! Chunky Mango Chutney with coconut oil, sesame seeds, chili and a touch of brown sugar. My Sunday Supper team is doing a Mother’s Day special to honor the moms in our lives. Such a great idea !! My mom is very special to me and I am honored to be participating this week with a recipe inspired by her. Green Mango Chutney !! When I away in college I would always take back bottles of Mango Chutney every time I visted home. My mom made jars of it and it was like comfort food ! I ate in the college mess/cafeteria so having a bit of this tangy chunky mango chutney with my meals just made the food seem so much better, not to mention added a zip to the meal. Although I crave mango chutney I have never made it here. I buy a watered down version of it which doesn’t taste half as good as what my mom used to make ! I called mom, got the recipe and made it today. Yumm ! It was super easy and so good, I am not sure why I waited this long. I added some coconut oil and black sesame seeds to the original recipe. The rawer the mango, the better it is and this chunky mango chutney will go with anything : sandwiches, roast, baked chicken…. I just like to lick it plain ! I am so glad I made it today and I know I will be making a lot more jars of mango chutney in the days to come ! Thanks Mom !!
About my mom !
My mom is an amazing woman who inspires me everyday. I have fond memories of wearing beautiful hand painted beautiful dresses to school made by my mom that no other kid had. She was (and is) known as a very good cook, so when someone complements me on my cooking I think I got the genes from her ! One of the most important things my mom taught me was life balance. She worked, but was always there for us. Although I had a working mom I never ever felt her absence. Every event in my life as a kid, my mom was there cheering me on. This is something I try to emulate as a working mom : being there for my kids and finding a balance. My mom lives far away but we talk a lot and often time when I feel life getting crazy I call her and talking to her helps !! She ‘s visiting me in August and I can’t wait. Perhaps I’ll make some Mango Chutney for her 🙂 !!
Check out what the #SundaySupper group is cooking for Mother’s Day:
Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cornbread Pancakes with Blackberries from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Crepes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot N Sweet Mango Chutney from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Glazed Raspberry Scones from Juanita’s Cocina
- Quiche Lorraine from Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Quiche from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Simple Gluten-Free Buckwheat Buttermilk Waffles from Buffy and George
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sweet French Breakfast Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Vidalia Onion Quiche from Comfy Cuisine
Mother’s Day Entrees:
- Cod with Stewed Tomatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheesefrom Foxes Love Lemons
- Lemon Risotto from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Caper Sauce from Family Foodie
- Pork dumpling (Shumai) from The Urban Mrs.
Mother’s Day Starters and Sides:
- Crab Bread Pudding from Kimchi MOM
- Spaetzle from Magnolia Days
- Spring Orzo Pasta Salad from The Messy Baker
- Vegetable Tart from Sustainable Dad
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Bailey’s Caramel Apple Lava Dumplings from Gourmet Drizzles
- Blackberry Cobbler from Country Girl in the Village
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gotta Get Baked
- Chocolate Kahlua Cream Pie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Espresso Brownies from What Smells So Good?
- Fresh Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet from Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Fig and Walnut Pie from Vintage Kitchen
- Gluten Free Coconut Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Berries, and Fresh Whipped Cream fromNeighborfood
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies from girlichef
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Pies and Plots
- Lemon Petit Fours from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Sorbet in Prosecco from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Coconut Pies from La Cocina de Leslie
- Mini Strawberry and Cheese Pies from Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Apple Crisp from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mom’s Texas Sheetcake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mum’s Strawberry Cake from My Cute Bride
- Pastel Imposible (Impossible Cake) from The Foodie Patootie
- Raspberry and Hazlenut Friands from Happy Baking Days
- Semolina Balls (Suji Laddoo) from Soni’s Food
- Too-Good-to-Be-Lowfat Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert from The Weekend Gourmet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, May 12th to celebrate Mother’s day! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes that celebrate mom. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.